About this blog:

I am a teacher who likes to cook (and eat.) I am constantly being asked for the recipes to dishes I share with my colleagues, parents or students. This is my place to present them. Many of the recipes I post are borrowed from other sources which are given credit. I tend to tweak most to simplify the cooking process or lessen the cost. Let me know what you think by leaving me some comments. Happy cooking!

December 8, 2009

Simple Grape Jelly Meatballs


We've been making these for years.  Too simple, too good.
(This one's for you, Mary)

- 2 12 oz jars Heinz chili sauce (NOT cocktail sauce)
- 1 32 oz jar grape jelly
- 1 bag of pre-cooked meatballs (about 80 in a bag)

Put chili sauce and jelly in a crock pot, Defrost/warm meatballs in a microwave then add to the crock.simmer on high till the sauce is smooth (1 hour), then turn it down to low until you are ready to serve. Sticky, sweet, tangy and delicious.

3 comments:

  1. OOOOHHHH!!! My Mom used to make these as appetizers for dinner parties in the '70s! I remember them well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! i have never tried them before, but they look YUMMYYYYYYY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family makes these all the time for everything! Our sercret recipe is the best!

    ReplyDelete