About this blog:

I am a teacher who likes to cook (and eat.) I am constantly being asked for the recipes to dishes I share with my colleagues, parents or students. This is my place to present them. Many of the recipes I post are borrowed from other sources which are given credit. I tend to tweak most to simplify the cooking process or lessen the cost. Let me know what you think by leaving me some comments. Happy cooking!

December 9, 2009

Tres Leches Cake

Another simple yet delicious dish I made for the kids while doing the Mexican unit in class.  It's a yellow cake that is soaked in a rich and creamy mix of three milks.  (The whipped cream topping technically makes it a 'cuatro leches' cake.)  There are many ways to make this.  Mine may not be the best, but it is one of easiest and still very, very good.
- 1 yellow cake (homemade or from a box)
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup half-and-half                   
- Sweetened whipped cream (real or topping)

Prepare the yellow cake according to the directions in a 13x9 pan.  Allow to cool completely.  Using a fork poke holes throughout the cake to give the milks somewhere to soak into.  Mix the three milks together in a bowl then pour on top of the cake.  Refrigerate a few hours to chill and to allow the cake to soak in all that creamy goodness.  Spread the whipped cream on top slice and serve.  Muy bien!

2 comments:

  1. If you are looking for the perfect cake its this one its like a slice of heaven. You don't know what your missing out on if you haven't tride this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made this for our future city team and it was AMAZING!!! I thought I would hate it but wow was I wrong! Thanks for supporting our future city team!

    (-: Mackenzie :-)

    ReplyDelete